It was a wonderful hat class. And knowing me, you know I had to make the doll first. I started three dolls that week.
A witch.... where I used mirror tile on her head... the project... sadly didn't turn out and went file 13.
An this is the second doll I'm attempting.
I wanted to use something from nature. SO that's were this doll went. My Forest Spirit is kind of ent-like, kind of brownie-like.
I used both paper clay and apoxie sculpt on this one.
Once I've given him his base coat. I started wrapping him in quilt batting, and adding his fabric skin.
I then add some more paint washes to the fabric and clay. Adding more detail to the face and hands.
Now I used E6000 to set the pine cone pieces to his head. I carefully washed the old sap off and pulled the pine cones apart. Then I apply them to the head circular rows.
He's not finished yet. I've still got lots of work to do.