June 24, 2008

Working on a commission - Golf Club HEAD Cover

For those of you who haven't seen them, I make custom club covers to look like people. They are caricature style, with a wide grinning mouth as my signature.

I received a request for a custom golf club head cover from a buyer on etsy a couple of days ago and yesterday I got the go ahead on pricing and received the final profile shot.

I worked day and night... well almost... because I was excited to see what it would turn out like. Here's where I'm at so far. the Head is done but I still need to make the club cover and attach the head to it.

Hope you enjoy the process... just click on the photo for a larger view.

4 comments:

Periwinkle Studio said...

Wow! Great idea! I have a family of golfers and this would be a perfect present for them! I am off to check out your shop!:)

Robyn Coburn Writer/Artist said...

That is a very interesting process. I'm fascinated with the detail around the eyes. The eyebrows are painted on right?

Anonymous said...

this is very amazing!! I love it!! and you are live close by too!!!! I have to check out your store!!!!!! Love the Idea!!!

Nancy Perennec Maker said...

Yes, the eyebrows are painted on. I toyed with the idea of needle felting, but didn't think it would withstand the elements quite so well. I also added some varnish to protect any painted areas.

Thread Painting Cat Portrait