August 15, 2011

Trying to get a jump on Christmas

With my doll, Red up for auction, and off my work bench I thought I'd get a jump on Christmas. I took an extra day off work this weekend to play on some new ornaments. I'm using paper clay. Here's the results so far.
I've got Swine Lake, the Red Queen and a Santa finished.



And I've started working on a Birthday fairy that was inspired by a card my sister gave me for my birthday.. I think two years in a row.. same theme anyway. "The Bitch is Back"... hate birthdays... Here she is in her wet paper clay start. She has a hole to add wings and a wand.

Then I wanted to do the narrator from one of my favourite Christmas shows. The character was voiced by Burl Ives I think. He's the snowman from Rudolph.

That's it so far... time for lunch.

2 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I guess Christmas isn't all that far away...eeek. The final one is spot on for a Burl Ives look a like. Those were classic shows.

Silver Strands said...

Wow - I SO admire artists. When I watch a tutorial or even pull out a sketch book and follow instructions, it all seems so doable ... but honestly, your creativity astounds me! Give me a blank anything (paper, clay, etc) and it remains blank in my hands :) Love your work!

Thread Painting Cat Portrait