September 7, 2009

NEW Custom Doll Coraline

I was asked a few weeks ago by a past customer if I thought I could make a Coraline doll for his daughter. Years ago he had bought a Dobbie house elf from me on ebay and the little elf had become his little girls dearest friend. I was happy to say yes I thought I could do that for him.
On Friday we agreed upon a price and after I finished the Golf Club cover for another custom order I began making Coraline's pattern. I finished the doll tonight.

Yes, it was a busy weekend for me. A creative one though and that's what I love to do most with my holidays. PLAY!
Here's a pic of the finished Coraline doll.
She's about 10" tall.

3 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Perfection. Well done!

Catherine said...

Love this too!

Audrey said...

I find your work fabulous! I am a great beginner in dolls making, i am just looking for patterns and tutos which could help me to sew correctly first, i am a fan of Tim Burton too and if one day i could manage to make something just looking a tiny bit like yours, i would be so happy ^^ would you have any book or sites to advise so that I can learn quick coz here in France I havent found anything really good..congrats for your work!

Thread Painting Cat Portrait