I'm working some more on what I think I'll call Davy's secret.
I bought a tutorial from Jessica at Doll Project. Here's a picture of Jessica's wonderful Secrets Bust.
Kerin Gale's book you can really play with it with Jessica's tutorial. Her work is absolutely gorgeous!
I got the treasure map and altered quote I wanted for the tin. I took it from one of the Pirate's movies but added a little something. Then I added some paint to the treasure box. I added it to the outside too, some gesso and just a bit of brown from the inside. I'll wait for it to dry and then add some apoxie to the back and stick it in place before I run my errands for the day.
I also worked on my "kraaken" octopus which will be hanging over Davy's shoulder. I made the tentacles separate so they will be easier to add the apoxie to. I doubled four wires, shaped them and place them on the octo head so I could get them to fall where I think I wanted them. After I bent the wires into position. I took them off again and foiled and taped them to bulk them out.You can kind of see them all bundled up there in the background.
I bought some shells and gems yesterday at the dollar store. I can't wait to see how he turns out. Not sure if I want seaweed hair or something else. I thought I might do the seaweed with felted dreads. Not sure yet. I'll wait until I get him done I think before I decide.