December 4, 2011

Magical Holiday Blog Hop : Today's The Day!


Today is the Day, 12x12" print by Sunshine Barlowe

 I'm lucky to be included with such a wonderully gifted group of artists in this Holiday Hop! It's a departure for me as I'm usually involved in Art Doll Collections. So this was a real treat. I've learned alot about the gift we have in being able to use our imagnations and experimenting without fear.

You can see my favourites from this tour here. Please click, click , click away and show them some love!


I'd also like to introduce you to Sunshine Barlowe. She is tomorrows feature artist and responsible for the image at the top of this blo posting. A look through her etsy shop reminded I promised to be greatful for one little thing everyday. Today I'm greatful for being being able to feature her work in this post! Sunshine's mixed media piece entitled Gratitude is shown here on right.

I asked Sun a couple of odd questions to get to know her better.

Q: What are you afraid of?
A:  I am afraid of losing people I love.

Q:. If you could be another person for a day who would you be?
A: I have never been asked this in my entire life.. so, this was a hard one. I would probably have to say: Bono (even though he's a dude).

Q: Describe this person in one word.
A: Charitable

Q: What's your worst enemy?
A: Laundry !!

Q: What is your mood in one word?
A: Outgoing

Q. Something you're not wearing?
A: Earrings

Q: What's on the top of your wish list this Christmas?
A: I'm ready to join the revolution and I want an iphone.

Q: What is your favourite place to eat?
A: My favorite place to eat is Thai or anywhere that serves Tapas.

Q: Something that you are not?
A: I am not necessarily the most organized person in the world. For sure.

Q: Your least favourite colour?
A: Pink is my least favorite color. Good thing I don't have girls :)

Q: Your favourite food?
A: Thai, Mexican, or just salad!

Q: Where were you last night?
A: Snuggled up on my couch with my family watching a movie

Q: What do you hoard?
A: I probably have too many Chuck Taylor's

Q: How long have you been doing what you do?
A: I've been creating my whole life but, I chose to SELL my art in 2008!

Q: What drive you?
A: I love to blog hop myself! It always inspires me to find other creative people doing what they love. Music is another thing that drives me... I am never in my studio without something blaring..and I am usually inspired by nice weather.. I love to open my studio doors and paint!

From her profile I've learned, lives and works in Virginia near the Blue Ridge Mountains.
She says, "I am passionate about color, music, traveling, and the written word. When I discovered my love of pasting, cutting, doodling, drawing and paint ... my world opened in big ways. I'm so excited to be at a place where I'm ready to share my art."

Sunshine is next up on the Magical Holiday Blog Hop and she invites you to enter her world and take a peek at what inspires her! http://www.sunshinebarlowe.com/

No comments:

Thread Painting Cat Portrait